Churches to visit in Saccisica
Corti & Barchesse
Visit Corti & Barchesse in Saccisica
Houses in Saccisica
Museums to visit in Saccisica
Visit Other Monuments in Saccisica
Parking in Saccisica
Parks & Lagoons
Natural Parks and Lagoons
Towers and Belfries
Towers and belfries in Saccisica
Discover Saccisica : between Venice, Padua and Adriatic Sea
The cavane (cavàne) are shelters for boats tipical of Venice, its lagoon and all the navigable rivers. Maybe the word has the same origin of hut (capanna): in fact in the oldest pictures of the city, the cavane are depicted as shelter covered with straw, like huts. Over the years this type of shelter has been used also for buildings like noble palaces or warehouses. On the side overlooking there is a river and in some cases it is protected by a wood or metal closing. In the terminology of the gondoliers and the taxi drivers the expression “andar in cavana” means the rest of the boat and so the end of the activity. The operation typically consists of berth in a private area, cover the ship with protective towel and close the access (and the passenger compartment in case of water taxi). Cavàne in Codevigo and in Millecampi Valley The plenty of canals and boats in valley Millecampi necessitated building shelters suitable to keep vessels undamaged from bad weather. For this reason the cavane are easliy viewable along the banks in Fogolana area in Codevigo. (text taken from Wikipedia and adapted)
Via Corte Fogolana Codevigo
The cavàne in Valley Millecampi
Villa Foscariini Erizzo is the main building in Pontelongo, thanks to its historical-artistic importance and to its role as town hall. First it was the summer house of the venetian family Foscarini da San Stae and probably was built during the second half of the 16th century. As every venetian patrician’s villa, it was composed of a main building, two lateral barns, a brolo and a little garden. Over the years the garden has been expanded and during 700s it became quite wide. Doge and historian Marco Foscarini died in 1763 in this building. He has been one of the most important politically and culturally people during this century. Then his secretary, writer and poet, Gasparro Gozzi, lived there for several years. Later the villa became property of Andrea Erizzo, who changed a bit the architecture. Then belonged to the Serravalle and in 1876 the municipality of Pontelongo bought it. In the meantime the garden had been destroyed and the statues were transferred at the entrance of the new forum boarium.
Via Roma Pontelongo
Villa Foscarini Erizzo
Walking from via Roma, at the crossroad with via Cardano, on the way to the Town Hall (Jappelli palace) you can see a restored building, that’s the municipal theatre: The Philharmonic Theatre of Piove di sacco. It’s a pink charming building decorated with stucco and tender stone and marble mirrored. In 1861 a society named “del teatro filarmonico” was born to erect a theatre room. The next year started the works and the design was entrusted to the engineer Giuliano Facchinetti, while the facade is attributed to Giovanni Battisti Tessari (first teacher of the “pratic design school for artisans” born in Piove di Sacco in 1852). The appearence of the current building is very similar to the original one, built in 1860. Inside the Philharmonic Theatre of Piove di Sacco The warm interior has an amazing ceiling decorated by Giuseppe Ponga (1892) showing a sky welcoming muse of music and some cherubs with signs saying the names of famous composers such as Verdi, Rossini and Puccini. Over the proscenium a stucco enclosed the portray of the first major of italian Piove: Enrico Breda. The original one was made by Oreste da Molin but unfortunately missed. It was switched with a […]
Via Cardano Piove di Sacco
Philharmonic Theatre in Piove di Sacco
The museum hosts a collection resulting from a over 20-year research with pieces dated between 17th century and 1970, not only from Italy, but also from many other country especially France, England and USA. Captions and texts explain all pieces and their romantic stories. You can see all of this inside the button’s museum with the guide of the editor. She will explain you stylistic and historical features to deepen this minor decorative art. Thanks to its cultural value, the gallery has the possibility to be part of the historic, sociological and artistic heritage in museums in province of Padua and municipality of Sant’Angelo di Piove di Sacco. Open to the public on appointment – tel. +39 349 2692051, it’s dedicated to the founder’s missing son, Sandro Partesotti, Italian teacher, antique dealer and not forgotten for his keen intelligence and kindness. Next to the button’s collection you can also find some original creations made of buttons by the editor, like accessories, tapestries and a collection of glass and ceramics dated to the 800s-900s
Museo del Bottone Sandro Partesotti
Historical button’s museum “Sandro Partesotti”
Maritan house is a noble dwelling dated back to the 17th century. The building belongs t the municipality of Sant’Angelo di Piove di Sacco.
Via San Marco, 62, 35020 Sant'Angelo
The little church of Santa Maria delle Righe also called “chiesetta di Righe” is located in Corte. It dates back to 823 and it is characterized by one single aisle and a coverage with a hut. The facade has a simple portal topped with a rose window and a end-800 trianguar bell tower. Thanks to the constructive and architectural arrangement, and the stones and clay materials used to build the outer walls we can understand how old is the building. Currently the church is part of the parish of Corte after Carlotta Friso donated it in 1964. The last restoration took place in 1978 but it involved only the roof. An extensive renovation was completed in 2000. The church is place of devotion: even nowadays each year on 24th September local people remember the “vow of Righe” with a procession to thank The Virgin for freeing the local inhabitants in 1839 after a cholera epidemic that had raged since 1836.
Via Righe Piove di Sacco
Church of Santa Maria delle Righe (Chiesetta di Righe)
in Valle Millecampi, located in Codevigo’s municipality, in Fogolana area, we found four recently-build casoni in every way similar to the tipical casoni of the Saccisica’s area. These buildings, called Casoni della Fogolana, consist of four unit in different size able to offer different services. 1st. unit: clubhouse and meeting room with a big central chimney powered by bioethanol. 2nd. unit: three secondary units used as B&B. Location of the Casoni The complex is surrounded by the green contryside and allows a fast access on foot, by bicycle or by car to the main nearby points of interest, including Casone delle Sacche, Valle Millecampi and Spiaggia della Boschettona. The Fogolana’s area, adjacent the valley, represent the only landlocked in province of Padua and an important area from the environmental and natural perspective. Particularly interesting is the roof structure, a faithful aesthetic and practical reproduction of the real Saccisica’s casoni. The roof is entirely made with common reed and performs the function of air handing inside the reed itself, helping the temperature and humidity equilibrium inside the casone. The outdoor area offers a small reed beds zone. Events in Casoni della Fogolana Casoni della Fogolana historically host the “Chronicae” and the […]
Casoni della Fogolana codevigo
Casoni della Fogolana
The oratory of Our Lady of the Rosary is simply known as “Chiesetta degli Arzerini”. A local landowner, Mr. Franchin wanted to give a place of worship to the inhabitants of Arzerini and so he built the chapel. In this 17th-century oratory, perfectly preserved, Mass is celebrated and there are yearly celebrations in onour of Our Lady of the Rosary.
via arzerini brugine
Oratory of the Beata Vergine del Rosario – La Chiesetta di Arzerini
The village of Castelcaro was born during 1400s thanks to some fortress built by the Carraresi. The town hosts the noble same-named church which is still used. The little church is open the last Sunday of each month and gives the possibily to take part of the masses.
Borgo di Castelcaro Codevigo
Church of Castelcaro
Browse Saccisica's Point of interest
Visit Saccisica's wonderful cultural and environmental heritage like Churches, Villas, Casoni, Valleys from a single and unique website.
Browse by Categories
The “City of the Porticoes” offers to his visitors and inhabitants an enchanting day, focused on flowers, but also on their aromas and colours. You will find producers and exhibitors with their specialities, such as craft creations, plants, flowers, oil, wine, cold cuts and other products. It’s a festive occasion for everyone in Saccisica, both adults and children. During this day the streets become pedestrian area and shops are open. The whole centre will be occupied by flower workshops, play areas, bouncy castles and much more.
Piove in Fiore
Piove di Sacco
The city stops to reconfirm the vow made on the first Sunday of May 1676, when there was the deliverance from the plague. In the morning takes place the solemn mass. In the afternoon begins the traditional procession, during which the statue of The Virgin is carried on the shoulders of 12 barefoot carriers, through the streets and across the wood bridge built for the event.
Festival of the vow in Pontelongo
Legnaro’s pro loco yearly organizes “Festa del Cavallo” (Horse festival). The event focuses on traditional food and wine of saccisica and in particular on horse meat specialties. In 2019 the event reaches its 20th edition.
Horse festival in Legnaro
During summertime land of Saccisica and Conselvano become the most charming stage. It’s time for Scene di Paglia, festival of casoni and waters. The event is a reference in Italy for the quality of the proposal and the originality, in which the landscape is connected to the show. And this is what year by year has make Scene di Paglia so special. The art director Fernando Marchiori chooses and proposes to the festival high-quality shows : from the prose to the narrative theatre, from dance to puppet theatre and musical.
Scene di Paglia
Piove di Sacco
Browse by Location
Latest News in Saccisica
VisitSaccisica in English! Saccisica’s places for the world
It is with great pleasure that we announce the English version of VisitSaccisica: the first and only private web platform for the promotion of the Saccisica area, points of interest and places to visit of the Saccisica and Saccisica events Today Tourists are looking for unusual and original experiences, so they seek (and fortunately, find) more and more places like ours: the great Saccisica between Padua, the Euganean Hills, Venice and Chioggia. The English version of VisitSaccisica is therefore focused on the needs of the foreign public and therefore deals with mapping purely tourist points of interest and not yet companies, parking lots and institutions. Are you a tourist coming in Saccisica? Thanks to the English version of VisitSaccisica you can get an interactive guide, optimized for mobile, accessible from smartphones and tablets to visit the whole Saccisica territory and all the places that are part of it. You will find the “magic” button #planmyroute in every point of interest’s page. Click it and you will easily build an itinerary to visit all the points of interest of Saccisica’s area. Your will NOT be forced to install additional applications on your smartphone or tablet because the website is 100% responsive. […]
Saccisica and its Casoni @ Fuorisalone 2019 in Milan!
It is with great pleasure that we announce that Saccisica and its Casoni are present in one of the events of the Fuorisalone 2019 in Milan. The event, organized by the Terra Migaki Design team, is held in Milan at the Francesco Messina Studio Museum between 8 and 14 April 2019; among the partners there are the Municipality of Milan and the Polytechnic of Milan. Materials and information on the houses were provided by Territori Online to the TMD team. We are proud of this contribution that we have succeeded in giving to the visibility of the territory of Saccisica in a more international context than ever. Terra Migaki Design, TMD19 Terra Migaki Design (TMD) is an international team of professionals united by the desire for growth and international exchange on green building issues and in particular on the development of raw earth design. The annual Milanese appointment dedicated to design represents an opportunity for the team to relaunch the themes of sustainability and in particular the use of raw earth as an in-depth study, absolutely unique of its kind, on green design. The international vocation of the competition in recent years has activated collaborations with international bodies and subjects […]